I had cut this out the week before my wedding figuring I’d add a piece to my outfit. I wanted to take off the gown and throw on the jacket to head home that night. After cutting it out I decided to enjoy the time with my family before the wedding instead of more sewing. Recently I found it floating around my workroom missing one piece!! *grr* I searched and then gave up but decided to pursue finishing the project nonetheless. I had enough fabric to tweak out a new piece.
So I found the pattern, cut out a replacement and put it together. I’ll be doing a photo-shoot of it April 4th with my friend David Yu :) That is if I can wear the corset comfortably which I think I can by leaving the lacing open. This should work also since I decided to leave the full front width of the jacket intact instead of folding over and doing a button placket like I originally intended. So I think just pinning it down the front should work with my tiny pregnant belly. So excited that I finally finished this after 2 years.
I had enough of the fabric from the quilted jacket to bind the edges of the jacket. I think they look super pretty together. Because this was cut out 2 years ago I had to fudge a bit to get it to fit. Since the silk has no give to it I had to leave out the lining or it would be too tight on my current body. I bound the edges in the blue silk, turned them under and then carefully hand stitched. You can see some of the stitching here:
Finally here are more of the back: